I am a citizen of Ghana,my name is ADAM BONAA and I have
21 Questions the National Security and Govt must answer
1. What’s the name of the commander who led the supposed NS operatives into the deadly shootings at Labawalashie?
2. What is his level of training/Rank of the commander who lead them, if any
3. Who issued the instructions to shoot
4. At what point did NS pick Intel on individuals with deadly weapons but failed to involve other sector security agencies
5. What are the names of the officers who were used
6. Are they Party boys? Anyway what is the full meaning of NSC?
7. How many bullets were fired or discharged
8. What types of guns or fire arms were used
9. Where from the brand new fire arms USED
10. Since when did NS change it mandate of coordinating other security agencies to keeping fire arms and maintaining a standby security force
11. Were the other security agencies (Police and Armed Forces) involved in the deadly operation
12. Why were meetings leading to that operation not held at the NS Ministry but at a private home?
13. Who is in Charge at the National Security
14. Why did NS use Police branded vehicles/trucks when it was strictly NS security operation
15. Why is NS keeping POLICE Branded Vehicles
16. How long has the NS had in its custody the Police Vehicles they USED
17. Are we by this going to see more of such illegal operations from NS
18. Where did the NS Operatives get Police SWAT unit uniforms from
19. Are we going to see the President take swift action and dismiss those who must be dismissed to restore some sanity in the security services and forces in Ghana
20. Which of the State security agencies are strictly in charge of internal security
21. Are those who suffered injuries during the operation going to be compensated? If yes, how much? If no, why?
These are the Objectives and Core functions of the infamous and almighty National Security
The Ministry exists to formulate, coordinate, monitor and evaluate the implementation of security and intelligence policies through the deployment of skilled human resources and modern technology for stakeholders to enhance security, freedom of the citizenry and national development.
2. CORE FUNCTIONS
The core functions of the Ministry are to:
o • Promote political tolerance, stability, security, and peace in Ghana and the sub-region
o • Formulate, implement, co-ordinate, monitor and evaluate government policies and
o • Provide institutional capacity and enabling environment for effective, efficient and
sustainable service delivery
o • Preserve and conserve public records for the benefit of the general public
o • Provide communication among all Government Security Agencies and other key
o • Maintain key installations in the Regions and Districts throughout the year
o • Organize training programmes for regional and district security personnel
o • Promote political tolerance, stability and peace in Ghana and the sub-region
o • Provision of timely external intelligence for policy directions
o • Gathering of economic intelligence to provide appropriate and relevant information to
Ghanaian businesses to boost economic activity within the sub-region.
Ministry of National Security